Terms and conditions
Montage Health provides the website (“site”), which allows users to view health-related information and access additional services.
YOU AGREE THAT BY USING THE SERVICE YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AND THAT YOU ARE LEGALLY ABLE TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT.
Your use of information – no medical advice
INFORMATION PROVIDED VIA THE SITE IS NOT INTENDED TO BE, AND SHOULD NOT BE USED AS, MEDICAL OR PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OR A SUBSTITUTE FOR MEDICAL TREATMENT BY A HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL.
Information provided via the site is provided as a service to the community and is intended to be general in nature.
This information is not provided in the course of a professional relationship between a healthcare provider and a patient. Montage Health is not recommending a course of treatment for your particular circumstances or making a diagnosis through the use of the site.
Do not disregard or delay in seeking medical advice because of any information you read on the site. Your healthcare provider should be consulted regarding matters concerning medical condition, treatment, and needs of you and your family.
Reference to products or medications on the site is for informational purposes only and should not be considered an endorsement, recommendation, or approval of such products or medications.
If you have a medical emergency, please immediately call emergency personnel (911) to get prompt medical attention. Do not rely on the site or the site content for assistance in regard to your immediate, urgent medical needs. The site is not designed to facilitate medical emergencies.
Limited personal permission to use the site
Montage Health is giving limited personal permission to use the site. You may not transfer or assign your personal permission to any other party. Such personal permission is limited in that you may not:
- Use, download, or print material from the site for commercial use (i.e., selling, posting information on another website, etc.)
- Modify or delete any proprietary notices from material downloaded or printed from the site
- Transmit or otherwise provide data from the site to a third party
- Use the site in any manner that is contrary to any applicable law
Montage Health further imposes certain restrictions on your permissible use of the site and Services. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate any security features of the site or Services, including, without limitation,
- Accessing content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access
- Attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Services, the site, or any associated system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization
- Interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the site or Services, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing”
- “Spidering,” “screen scraping,” “database scraping,” harvesting of e-mail or other addresses, contact or personal information, or any other automatic means of obtaining lists of users or other information from the site or Services
- Using the site or Services to send unsolicited e-mail, including, without limitation, promotions, or advertisements for products or services
- Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or in any posting using the Services
- Attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by Montage Health in providing the site or Services
Modifications and discontinuance
Montage Health may, in its sole discretion and without prior notice:
- Modify the site and/or Services
- Discontinue the site and/or Services at any time
- You agree that, by continuing to use or access the site following notice of any revision, you shall abide by any such revision
No modification or attempted modification of these terms by you shall be binding on Montage Health unless made in writing and physically signed by an authorized representative of Montage Health.
Site provided “as-is” – no warranties
INFORMATION AND THE SERVICE PROVIDED ON THE SITE ARE PROVIDED AS IS AND AS AVAILABLE. MONTAGE HEALTH MAKES NO, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY, WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE. MONTAGE HEALTH DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE OR THAT THE SITE WILL OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERROR. MONTAGE HEALTH MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO THE RELIABILITY, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, USEFULNESS, ADEQUACY, COMPLETENESS, OR SUITABILITY OF THE SERVICE OR INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE. YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY AND ALL DAMAGE OR LOSS FROM USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR THE SERVICE. MONTAGE HEALTH IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF INFORMATION PROVIDED.
Use of certain information about you
You agree that, should you elect to supply it, Montage Health may communicate with you using your:
- Email address
- Physical address
- Other data
You may request to have this information modified or deleted from our records by contacting email@example.com.
Trademark and copyright
You may download material from the site for non-commercial, personal use as long as you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials.
When accessing the site or using the Services, you agree to obey the law and to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Services and the site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property.
You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any information or content (collectively, “Content”) in violation of any third-party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any Content you provide or transmit, or that is provided or transmitted using your User ID. The burden of proving that any Content does not violate any laws or third-party rights rests solely with you.
You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any content that:
- Is libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, or threatening
- Advocates or encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national, or foreign law or regulation
- Advertises or otherwise solicits funds or is a solicitation for goods or services
MONTAGE HEALTH’S LIABILITY TO YOU IS LIMITED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL MONTAGE HEALTH BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR LOST DATA, REGARDLESS OF THE FORESEEABILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION OR THE SERVICE PROVIDED TO YOU BY THE SITE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS LIMITATION SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY OR FORM OF ACTION.
We appreciate our users’ interest in improving and expanding the Services and the site. If you choose to send us content, information, ideas, suggestions, or other materials relating to the Services or the site (“Feedback”), you hereby assign such Feedback to us, and you agree that we are free to use any Feedback for any purposes whatsoever, including, without limitation, developing products and services, without any liability or payment of any kind to you.
The delivery of any notice from us is effective when sent or posted by us, regardless of whether you read the notice when you received it or when posted or whether you actually received the delivery.
You may give notice to Montage Health at any time by letter delivered by first-class postage prepaid U.S. mail or overnight courier to the following address:
P.O. Box HH
Monterey, CA 93940
Nothing contained on the site should be understood as granting you a license to use any of the trademarks, service marks, or logos owned by Montage Health or by any third party.
California use only
The site is controlled and operated by Montage Health from its offices in the State of California. Montage Health makes no representation that any of the materials or the Service to which you have been given access are available or appropriate for use in other locations.
Your use of or access to the site should not be construed as Montage Health’s purposefully availing itself of the benefits or privilege of doing business in any state or jurisdiction other than California.
Term and termination
Montage Health is committed to providing a user-friendly environment for visitors and users of the site. Your comments and questions are welcomed. Please send your comments and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, or at the address below:
P.O. Box HH
Monterey, CA 93940
PLEASE NOTE: EMAIL THAT YOU SEND US IS NOT NECESSARILY SECURE AGAINST INTERCEPTION. IF YOU WISH TO COMMUNICATE SENSITIVE INFORMATION TO US, SUCH AS YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER, MEDICAL OR HEALTHCARE RELATED INFORMATION, OR CREDIT CARD NUMBERS, CONTACT US THROUGH ONE OF OUR SECURE ONLINE FORMS OR BY MAIL OR TELEPHONE, INSTEAD OF VIA EMAIL. MONTAGE HEALTH IS NOT ABLE TO PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE VIA EMAIL. FOR MEDICAL ADVICE, PLEASE CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR OR CLICK ON FIND A DOCTOR TO LOCATE A DOCTOR.
All contents of site or the Service are: Copyright © 2018 Montage Health, P.O. Box HH, Monterey, CA 93940. All rights reserved.