Your choice for accurate, timely testing to diagnose or rule out cancer is Montage Health. Thanks to our sophisticated technology and analysis, we can catch cancer as early as possible.
Why do I need a diagnostic test?
You may have one or more diagnostic tests if the results of a screening test show you need further testing or you have certain symptoms.
Diagnostic tests can confirm you do or do not have a certain health condition. If you’re diagnosed with cancer, the test results can help your doctor stage cancer (see how far it’s spread) and plan your treatment, so it’s as effective as possible.
What tests do I need?
The tests you’ll have depend on different factors, including the area of the body where the cancer may be. Count on your doctor to recommend the tests that are right for you and explain:
- How to prepare
- What to expect
- When and how you’ll receive your results
Cancer diagnostic tests we offer
To diagnose cancer, you may have:
- Physical examination
- Lab tests – Check blood or urine samples for signs of cancer
- Imaging scans, including computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans, ultrasound tests, and X-rays – Create images of the inside of the body for your doctors to analyze
- Biopsy – Takes a small tissue sample for testing in a lab
After a cancer diagnosis
Partner with compassionate cancer experts who offer step-by-step guidance and the highest-quality care. You’ll receive a personalized cancer treatment plan designed by a multidisciplinary team. Rely on our specialists to help you reach your best possible outcome while minimizing side effects, relieving anxiety, and ensuring your highest quality of life during and after treatment.
Feel confident in the well-rounded nature of Montage Health’s approach to cancer care. Take advantage of:
- Clinical trials, which let you receive new, promising treatments before they’re widely available
- Education about your condition, treatment options, and more
- Free guidance from a nurse navigator who listens, answers your questions, helps you navigate the healthcare system, and recommends resources that are right for you
- Holistic (whole-person) care plan that addresses not only your medical concerns, but your emotional, mental, and spiritual needs
- Resources, including classes and support groups, designed for patients with cancer and their caregivers