Heart and vascular doctors
When it comes to your cardiovascular health, look to the specialists at the Tyler Heart Institute for exceptional care. Tyler Heart Institute is the cardiovascular department of Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula, part of Montage Health.
Benefit from our collaborative approach to care, where you’re the focus of professionals with different areas of expertise. Cardiovascular physicians can receive additional training in a wide range of subspecialties (areas of focus). The types of providers you interact with depend on your health needs.
Your care team may include:
- Cardiologist, also called general cardiologist or noninvasive cardiologist – Doctor who diagnoses and treats heart conditions and may have additional expertise to perform and interpret cardiac imaging studies, such as echocardiograms and cardiac stress tests
- Cardiothoracic surgeon – Doctor with advanced training to diagnose and surgically treat conditions that affect the heart, lungs, and other organs in the chest
- Electrophysiologist – Physician who specializes in the heart’s electrical system and diagnosing and treating arrhythmias (heart rhythm disorders)
- Interventional cardiologist – Doctor who diagnoses and treats conditions that affect the vascular system (blood vessels) and the structures and tissues of the heart using advanced imaging technology and minimally invasive techniques (including catheterization procedures)
Your primary care provider’s role
Your primary care provider (PCP) is an important member of your care team, helping you access services from different specialists and at different locations when needed. For certain cardiovascular tests and treatments, you’ll need a referral from your PCP to schedule an appointment or have the cost fully or partly covered by your insurance provider.
Rest assured, your providers will:
- Make referrals as easy as possible for you and your doctor
- Keep your doctor up-to-date on your progress and treatment plan
[Place dynamic display of all providers who offer cardiovascular care here.]