Learn how to reduce your risk of heart disease and and speed up your recovery after a cardiac event or procedure with the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program located at Tyler Heart Institute’s Cardiopulmonary Wellness office.
What’s cardiac rehab?
Cardiac rehabilitation is an 8-12 week medically supervised exercise and education program. It can help you:
What to expect
Cardiac rehab takes place on an outpatient basis, which means you visit the facility for your sessions and go home afterward.
Benefit firsthand from our passion for helping you make choices about your heart health to achieve your goals. Throughout the program, you will have the support and expertise of our specially trained staff, including registered nurses, clinical exercise physiologists, and a registered dietitians.
You’ll receive a comprehensive assessment from one of our staff members. This evaluation helps shape your rehabilitation plan so it meets your personal and medical needs. Your plan will take into account your:
- Medical history
- Current exercise abilities
- Risk factors for future heart problems
- Clinical and personal goals
Your rehabilitation plan
Experience a wide range of physical, mental, and social benefits through monitored exercise sessions and classes. Most people attend one to two times a week.
When you work out, trust our staff to keep you safe by closely monitoring your:
- Blood pressure
- Heart’s electrical activity through portable telemetry (electrocardiogram, or EKG) technology
- Oxygen saturation
No matter where you start with your exercise abilities, we’ll help you improve your fitness through cardiovascular, strength, and flexibility training sessions. They’ll gradually increase in intensity as your fitness improves.
Gain insight into your own health and learn heart-healthy habits you can practice for the rest of your life. Get information about:
- Your heart condition
- Risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment of heart disease
- Importance of exercise to strengthen your heart
- Recognizing and managing symptoms when you exercise
- Setting SMART (specific, measureable, achievable, relevant, and time-based) goals
- Stress management and the impact of emotions on heart health
- Heart-healthy nutrition
- Taking heart medications so they’re effective and safe
Cost of cardiac rehab
Though most insurance plans cover the cost of this program, contact your insurance provider to make sure. Call our office at (831) 883-5660 and we can assist you, if needed. View the list of insurance plans we accept. Financial assistance is available to those who qualify.