Peripheral artery disease (PAD) rehabilitation
Find relief from leg pain caused by peripheral artery disease (PAD) and improve your overall health. Our PAD Rehabilitation Program is an 8-12 week exercise and education program from Tyler Heart Institute, located at our Cardiopulmonary Wellness office.
Benefits of PAD rehab
If you have PAD or peripheral vascular disease (PVD), rehabilitation can help you:
- Decrease leg pain
- Improve your ability to walk
- Increase your independence and quality of life
- Reduce risk factors for PAD complications, such as foot infections
How the program works
Feel confident you’ll reach the best possible results quickly and safely because the program is designed and supervised by experts: clinical exercise physiologists and registered nurses (RNs). These professionals offer encouragement and guidance every step of the way.
At the start of the program, you’ll receive an individualized assessment to:
- Understand your symptoms and current level of exercise
- Set your rehabilitation goals
Based on your evaluation, our staff will create your treatment plan.
Your treatment plan
Expect improvements in your walking time and leg pain thanks to a program that’s tailored to you. Your plan will include:
- Supervised exercise training one to two times a week
- Interval exercise training
- Blood pressure and electrocardiogram (EKG) monitoring as needed
- Exercise planning and education so you can continue to make progress at home and after the PAD program
- PAD symptom and risk factor education and management
How much does the program cost?
Check with your health insurance provider to learn if your plan covers the program’s cost. Most health insurance plans we accept pay for PAD rehabilitation. Call our office at (831) 883-5660 and we can assist you, if needed. Count on Montage Health to offer financial assistance for those who qualify.