If you’re HIV positive, find personalized care to manage your condition and improve your well-being from Montage Health. Our comprehensive, outpatient program makes it easy for you to access all the care you need, so you can stay as healthy as possible and live well.
After your doctor refers you to our HIV program, you’ll meet with our registered nurse (RN). This dedicated professional has over 25 years of experience in HIV care and serves as your advocate, working with nursing staff to make sure you receive medical services that are right for you.
You may also receive referrals to local agencies and support groups. These resources can help you with everyday needs, such as transportation to a clinic or hospital, financial assistance, and social support.
Evaluation and exams
Your care starts with a doctor’s appointment to review your medical history and any symptoms. Expect to get lab tests, imaging tests, or other exams to check for conditions that HIV can cause at your first appointment and on an ongoing basis.
Personalized care plan
Depending on the results of your evaluation, your doctor may recommend:
- Prescription medications and ongoing medication management
- Regular testing to make sure your medications are as safe and effective as possible and to detect any related health conditions
- Referrals to other doctors who specialize in health conditions that HIV infection may increase your risk of developing
- Mental healthcare – Offers counseling and other services to cope with a chronic illness, reduce anxiety and depression, or decrease reliance on drugs or alcohol
- Nutrition counseling – Teaches you how to choose and safely prepare healthy foods that support your immune system, strength, and energy levels
Support and education
Count on us for help understanding your condition and treatment plan, taking your medications correctly, and managing any side effects. Plan to see us regularly to make sure your treatment is working well and address any problems early.