While mourning a family member or friend, lean on someone who cares and understands. Find healing with compassionate help from local resources and Hospice of the Central Coast, part of Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula. You don’t have to feel alone thanks to kind counselors and supportive peers who walk with you through this transition.
Keeping in touch after a loss
You’ll receive regular phone calls from encouraging, empathetic team members for 18 months after the death of a loved one who received care from Hospice of the Central Coast. Reach out to us or community resources whenever you need to talk:
- 24-hour crisis line – (877) 663-5433 (ONE-LIFE)
- Behavioral health services, including individual and family counseling
- One-on-one support from Hospice of the Central Coast’s bereavement coordinator and trained volunteers – (831) 622-2745, Monday to Friday
- Papillon Center for Loss and Transition, which provides grief support for adults and children
- Referral service to local groups and agencies – (831) 622-2745 or (888) 985-0550 (toll-free), Monday to Friday