Outpatient mental health services
Work toward better mental health with care that fits into your life. Explore the different levels of outpatient services available from Montage Health.
Therapy and counseling
Therapy can benefit anyone at any stage of life, but may be especially helpful if you're going through a difficult time. Our helpful, insightful professionals offer individual, family, and group counseling. Through therapy, you can:
- Better manage symptoms of a mental, emotional, or behavioral health disorder
- Build resilience and feel more capable
- Choose and practice coping strategies that work for you
- Explore your thoughts and emotions with someone who is nonjudgmental and offers a neutral perspective
- Improve your relationships with others and yourself
- Set goals and make healthy life changes
For information about therapy and counseling services, call (831) 625-4600 or toll-free at (800) 499-5135.
Adult psychiatry services
Choose a psychiatrist from Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula or Montage Medical Group. Psychiatrists diagnose and treat mental, emotional, and behavioral health conditions through counseling, medication management, and other approaches.
To set up an appointment with a psychiatrist or psychiatric nurse practitioner, call (831) 625-4600 or toll-free at (800) 499-5135.
Higher levels of care
Partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs offer more care than traditional appointments with a counselor or psychiatrist. These programs differ from inpatient care because you can keep living at home.
Intensive outpatient program for addiction
Find specialized care for drug and alcohol dependency in an intensive, outpatient setting — Montage Health's Recovery Center.
Transcranial magnetic stimulation for depression
Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) is an effective method to treat resistant major depression. Learn more about TMS
and whether you might be a candidate for treatment.
Partial hospitalization program (PHP)
PHP is also known as day treatment. The program provides multidisciplinary care Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. You may consider PHP if you:
- Need intensive treatment for severe symptoms but are stable enough to stay safely at home at night and on weekends
- Want to avoid full hospitalization, reduce symptoms, or increase your ability to function in daily life
During PHP, you will:
- Take part in group therapy sessions and classes led by clinical social workers and registered nurses (RNs)
- Meet with a psychiatrist once a week for medication management
Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
If you have moderate symptoms, IOP may be right for you. This program offers individualized treatment and group therapy sessions Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to noon with a clinical social worker. IOP can help you:
- Add structure to your life as you work toward recovery
- Build crisis-resolution and communication skills
- Learn about your condition and practical ways to change negative thinking, emotions, and behaviors
- Manage symptoms through medications
- Try new ways of relating to and socializing with others in a supportive, nurturing environment
- Understand how actions affect group dynamics and relationships
How many IOP treatment sessions will I need?
Most patients attend the IOP for two to six weeks. The number of days you attend can gradually decrease as you feel better and start adding home, work, or school activities back into your life.
If you're interested in the PHP or IOP:
- Call (831) 658-3030 to receive a free intake interview to determine which program is right for you
- Ask your doctor or current mental health provider for a referral
If you're a healthcare provider who wants to refer your patient, call (831) 658-3030 or fax us at (831) 658-3001.
How much does it cost?
Contact your insurance provider or ask our intake team to reach out to your insurance provider to determine what your plan covers. Most insurance plans cover partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs, and you can self-pay if needed. We do not accept Medi-Cal for outpatient services and are out-of-network for some insurance plans.