Whether you’re managing a chronic condition or just want to live a healthier life, the right nutrition can have major, positive impacts. Take part in Montage Health’s nutrition services, including classes and one-on-one guidance from registered dietitians who are also health coaches. Trust them for the professional advice you need to achieve your dietary and wellness goals.
Do I need nutrition counseling?
Our dietitians can help you live and feel better at any stage of life, especially if you have:
- Diabetes, gestational diabetes, prediabetes, or another metabolic disorder
- Eating disorder, such as anorexia or bulimia
- Feeding tube
- Food allergies, intolerances, or sensitivities
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Kidney disease
- Unintentional weight loss
Look forward to highly informed support from registered dietitians who have master’s degrees in nutrition-related fields. They also are:
- Certified diabetes care and education specialists with training in clinical diabetes management
- Certified health and wellness coaches with expertise to help you set goals, change your habits, and stay motivated
Get one-on-one medical nutrition therapy tailored to your needs, taste preferences, and lifestyle. After your doctor orders an individual consultation, we’ll contact you to schedule an appointment with a registered dietitian. Services are available in English or Spanish. Expect to discuss your:
- Current eating habits and diet, including any nutritional supplements you take
- Health goals
- Medical history
- Lab test results, if any
You may receive an evaluation of your body composition (including body fat and metabolism). The results can help your dietitian develop a nutrition plan that’s right for you. See your dietitian as often as recommended for follow-up care to help you stay on track, overcome obstacles, and learn as much as possible.
Most insurance providers pay for medical nutrition therapy. Check with your provider to see how many hours your plan covers per year.
Weigh of Life program
Make positive, long-term lifestyle changes with support and education from Weigh of Life. This 12-week program at a Montage Wellness Center location offers an encouraging, nonjudgmental setting for people working to manage their weight.
In a single-sex group led by a registered dietitian, you’ll learn how to apply the latest research on weight management to your life. An exercise physiologist (fitness expert) will guide you through physical activity in support of better health.
You don’t need a referral to start this life-changing program. As part of the registration process, you’ll need to ask your primary care doctor to let us know you’re healthy enough for exercise.
When you graduate, stay in touch and maintain your progress with help from a co-ed support group of your peers.
Cost and discounts
Weigh of Life enrollment is $410. Insurance doesn’t cover it, but you may qualify for a discount if:
- You have health coverage under the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) exclusive provider organization (EPO) plan
- You went through Weigh of Life once and want to take part again
- You’re an employee or on the medical staff at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
Nutrition and body composition analysis
Get the facts you need to live a healthier life. You can make an appointment without a referral for:
- Body composition analysis – Uses noninvasive technology to calculate body fat, lean body weight, water percentage, body mass index (BMI), and basal metabolic rate (BMR) in less than 15 minutes
- Computer dietary analysis – Reviews what you eat to determine calorie and nutrient intake and compares it to the recommendations for people of your age, sex, and weight
- Recipe analysis – Reveals the nutritional value of recipes and can create a nutrition facts label for your ease of reference
Support for bariatric surgery patients
Before and after weight-loss surgery at Community Hospital, rely on our dietitians to help you create and follow a nutritious diet you’ll enjoy eating, so you reach and stay at a healthy weight. In our class Nutrition After Weight-Loss Surgery, you’ll learn how to:
- Plan meals
- Take vitamin and nutrition supplements
- Prepare for postsurgical dietary changes
Expect education and one-on-one support throughout your journey, so you achieve the best long-term results. We also have group support to help you stay on track after surgery.
Kids Eat Right
Bring the free Kids Eat Right program to your school. The program offers a fun way for elementary-age students and their families to learn about healthy eating and obesity prevention.