Enjoy life with less hip, knee, or shoulder pain. Explore joint replacement surgery at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula, part of Montage Health. You’ll be in qualified, experienced hands at our hospital, which performs more joint replacement procedures each year than any other area provider.
Is joint replacement right for me?
You may benefit from joint replacement surgery if:
- Joint pain gets in the way of physical activities you like or need to do
- You have more bad days than good days
- Nonsurgical treatments haven’t eased pain enough
- You can commit to several weeks of physical therapy after surgery
Recognized for quality care
Community Hospital holds recognition as a Blue Distinction® Center from Blue Cross Blue Shield for knee and hip replacement. That means you can expect:
- Orthopedic surgeons and surgical teams with expertise successfully and safely performing your procedure
- High-quality care before, during, and after surgery
- Better overall patient results
How treatment works
Joint replacement exchanges a worn-out or damaged joint with an artificial one that feels natural. This procedure can let you move more easily and enjoy everyday activities with less pain for 15–20 years.
Turn to us for:
- Total knee replacement
- Total hip replacement
- Includes the option of using the anterior (front) approach to surgery, which shortens recovery time
- Total shoulder replacement
- Includes the option of reverse shoulder replacement, which may be the best procedure after a severe rotator cuff injury
Your surgeon will treat you using proven techniques.
Support for a strong recovery
Reach the best long-term results with guidance from a team of orthopedic experts every step of the way. In the hospital, you’ll benefit from the specialized care of dedicated orthopedic nurses who focus exclusively on patients like you. Discover all the ways we help you prepare and successfully recover from joint replacement surgery.