If your child receives care at Montage Health's Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula, their care team may include a pediatrician. Rely on our pediatric experts for high-quality, kid-friendly care, so you and your child have an experience that's as positive as possible during your hospital visit.
What’s a pediatrician?
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the unique health needs that babies, kids, and teens have as they grow up. Pediatricians can:
- Perform physical exams
- Provide immunizations to protect your child from serious, preventable diseases
- Diagnose and treat acute (short-term) health concerns, including infections and minor injuries
- Detect and help manage chronic (long-term) conditions, such as asthma, allergies, diabetes, and more
- Order laboratory tests and imaging scans when needed
- Make referrals to other specialists and help you navigate the healthcare system
Community Hospital’s medical staff includes physicians with special training to care for pediatric patients, as well as many doctors who treat both adults and children.
Types of pediatric specialists
If your child visits Community Hospital, they may get care from:
- Pediatric emergency medicine physicians – Treat serious injuries or illnesses in the Emergency department
- Child and adolescent psychiatrists – Diagnose and treat conditions that affect thinking, emotions, and behavior
Pediatric surgical care
Read what to expect if your child needs a planned surgical procedure and tips to prepare.
Special programs for kids and families
Montage Health offers resources and wellness services that support the safety and well-being of young people on the Monterey Peninsula.
Kids Eat Right
Kids Eat Right is a free program that provides science-based education about nutrition and exercise to local children and families. You may request a visit from our team or see us in action at your child’s school.
Ohana mental and behavioral healthcare
Learn more about Ohana, an innovative program that offers comprehensive mental and behavioral services to youth and their families. Ohana’s team of pediatric psychiatrists, therapists, and other professionals focus on:
- Diagnosing and treating common psychiatric conditions in kids and teens
- Improving youth well-being in our community and beyond
- Providing support and education to families