Regularly visiting your primary care provider (PCP) is one of the smartest choices you can make for your health and well-being. For the day-to-day services you need to protect and improve your health, choose the local primary care doctors of Montage Medical Group and on staff at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula.
Types of primary care providers
Find skilled, compassionate professionals ready to serve every member of your family at every age and stage of life. Our primary care doctors include:
- Family practice physicians, also called general practitioners – Care for people of all ages
- Internal medicine doctors, or internists – Specialize in comprehensive care for adults (18 and older) and have advanced training to manage chronic (long-term) diseases
- Geriatricians – Focus on the medical needs of older adults (seniors) and support healthy aging
Need care now?
If you have a health-related question or concern, your PCP is the best choice. But Montage Health is ready if you don’t have a PCP, your PCP’s office is closed, or you’re experiencing urgent or emergency symptoms. View all the types of care we offer, including in-person and virtual (telehealth) options, and determine which is right for your needs.
Role of your PCP
Your PCP is your first point of contact when it comes to accessing medical care. Rely on your PCP for:
- Preventive care, such as physical exams, vaccinations, screenings, and more
- Education on preventing diseases and living well
- Referrals for screening or diagnostic services you may need, such as laboratory tests and imaging scans
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute (short-term) illnesses, infections, and injuries
- Diagnosis and ongoing management of chronic conditions, such as high blood pressure or diabetes
- Referrals to medical specialists when needed, such as mental health providers, cardiovascular doctors, rehabilitation therapists, and others
- Help to navigate the healthcare system, so you can access all the care you need
Communicate with your doctor
If you’re a current patient, you may:
Patients like you are at the center of all we do. Count on your PCP to listen closely and answer your questions, get to know you and your goals, and advocate for you. You can expect:
- High-quality, holistic (whole-person) care that’s affordable and results-driven
- Empowerment to take an active role in your health
- Smooth coordination between all of Montage Health’s entities, including Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula, Montage Medical Group, Montage Wellness Center, MoGo Urgent Care, Aspire Health Plan, and others