Radiology and imaging
Choose Montage Health and Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula for diagnostic procedures and image-guided treatments that meet the highest standards of care. You’ll feel as comfortable as possible thanks to friendly, knowledgeable staff who take care of you in a calming environment. Find out why your neighbors consistently give us some of the nation’s top ratings for radiology patient satisfaction.
Preparing for your procedure
After scheduling your imaging procedure, you’ll receive an email and phone call with an appointment reminder and preparation instructions. If you have a MyChart account, you’ll also see the information in the patient portal. Follow your instructions to help make sure you can receive the test as scheduled and get accurate results.
Tests and procedures
Through Montage Health, you have access to the full range of imaging exams, including:
Your cancer screening test may use imaging technology to look for early signs of the disease. Ask your doctor about the right tests for you:
- Breast imaging, including 3D mammography, automated ultrasound for dense breasts, and image-guided biopsies
- Colonoscopy and CT colonography, which check the large intestine for polyps (lumps) that could be cancerous
- Lung cancer screening that uses a low dose of radiation and CT imaging to examine the lungs of current and former heavy smokers
During an interventional procedure, doctors not only look at the inside of your body. They also use imaging to guide medical tools that help diagnose or treat your condition. Learn more about interventional radiology, which lets doctors perform treatments in the least invasive way (without large incisions).
Accredited imaging care
Rest assured, Montage Health meets high national benchmarks for imaging staff expertise, technology, quality, and safety. The American College of Radiology (ACR) has:
- Accredited Community Hospital in CT, MRI, nuclear medicine, and ultrasound
- Designated as a Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence® (DICOE) by the American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Awarded Carol Hatton Breast Care Center with Breast Imaging Center of Excellence designation
Ask your care team any questions you have about the safety of your imaging scan. Montage Health imaging locations follow the ACR’s Image Gently and Image Wisely guidelines to avoid unnecessary exams and limit radiation exposure. We’ll use the lowest effective dose of radiation for your or your child’s test. Community Hospital uses less radiation on average than other Bay Area hospitals, according to ACR data.
You’ll be in the good hands of some of the area’s most compassionate imaging staff. Your care team may include:
- Technicians who perform your imaging test
- Diagnostic radiologists, doctors who review your images to determine what they mean
- Interventional radiologists, doctors who use imaging during treatment or a diagnostic procedure
Understanding your bill
Get answers to common questions about your Montage Health bill and payment.