Medical Staff Outstanding Student Leader Award
If you’re a member of the medical staff at Montage Health or Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula, your child or grandchild can apply for a cash award that recognizes their academic achievement and civic engagement. Winners receive a prize between $700 and $3,000 from Montage Health Foundation when they enroll in a four-year college.
To be considered for this award, students must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be the child or grandchild of a member of the medical staff of Community Hospital or Montage Health
- Be a high school junior or senior or a community college student
- Be a resident of Monterey County for at least one year
- Intend to enroll at a four-year college or university
Can a student apply multiple times?
Students may apply each year they’re eligible.
Students must demonstrate:
- High academic achievement
- Good citizenship through community and school contributions
- Participation and excellence in extracurricular activities, such as student government, school sports, music or drama, and service or academic clubs
The committee does not take into consideration financial need or a desire to pursue a health career.
Apply for the Medical Staff Outstanding Student Leader Award
Click the button below to begin the application process. The deadline to apply is February 1, 2023.
In order to complete your application, the following materials must either be attached to your application, or emailed to email@example.com:
1. Eligibility Statement: One or two paragraphs that describe your community service/volunteer work and your educational and career goals. Your career goals do not need to relate to health care, but you must aim to pursue a degree from a four-year college or university.
2. Transcript: You do not need to submit an official transcript, but it should include the most recent semester or quarter completed.
3. Writing Sample: This should be a 2-5 page essay that you have already written for a class or application.
4. Two References: Preferably one academic (teacher) and one personal (coach or supervisor). These do not need to be written specifically for this award and can be sent separately to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. A recent photo, preferably with your Medical Staff member parent/grandparent.
Other scholarship opportunities
Montage Health Foundation also funds: