Medical Staff Outstanding Student Leader Award
If you’re a member of the medical staff at Montage Health or Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula, your child or grandchild can apply for a cash award that recognizes their academic achievement and civic engagement. Winners receive a prize between $100 and $2,000 from the Montage Health Foundation when they enroll in a four-year college.
To be considered for this award, students must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be the child or grandchild of a member of the medical staff of Community Hospital or Montage Health
- Be a high school junior or senior or a community college student
- Be a resident of Monterey County for at least one year
- Intend to enroll at a four-year college or university
Can a student apply multiple times?
Students may apply each year they’re eligible.
Students must demonstrate:
- High academic achievement
- Good citizenship through community and school contributions
- Participation and excellence in extracurricular activities, such as student government, school sports, music or drama, and service or academic clubs
The committee does not take into consideration financial need or a desire to pursue a health career.
Application materials checklist
Students who apply must provide:
- A statement that describes eligibility for this award and identifies educational and career goals
- An academic record or transcript that shows the most recent semester/quarter completed
- Two letters of reference, preferably one from academic faculty and one from a coach/advisor/director of an extracurricular activity
- A short essay that provides a brief overview of who you are (for example, a personal statement from a college application)
Email application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to:
Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
Attn. Medical Staff Services
P.O. Box HH
Monterey, CA 93942
Other scholarship opportunities
Montage Health Foundation also funds: