Physician home loan program
Make the beautiful Monterey Peninsula your home. Take advantage of a home loan program for physicians, an investment in Montage Health’s future and yours.
How the program works
Recruiting and retaining doctors like you is a priority of the Montage Health Foundation and Monterey County community. Thanks to generous donor support, the foundation offers loans to current medical staff members not covered under a Montage Health recruitment agreement.
The loans are second mortgages. This means you must still secure a primary loan from a lender. You can then cover some of the down payment by using the Montage Health Foundation “second” loan.
To qualify for this program, you must be a current Montage Health medical staff member:
- On staff at Community Hospital for a minimum of one year
- In good standing
You must also:
- Have a full-time local practice without a restrictive non-compete covenant with a contracted group
- Meet financial criteria to qualify for the loan
- Not use the loan to purchase a second home
- Not have already received a physician recruitment package
Loans are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Montage Health reserves the right to limit issued loans if demand exceeds allocated resources.