Refer a patient
If you’re a healthcare provider practicing outside of the Montage Health system, find out how to refer your patient to our providers and services throughout Monterey County.
Patient referral process
You may refer your patient to Montage Health for a specialist’s opinion, test or exam, or another service. Your referral may be required for insurance preauthorization purposes or by certain departments and providers at Montage Health, our hospital (Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula), or Montage Medical Group. Browse the services we offer or use our provider directory to contact a specific doctor or other professional.
To make sure the referral goes smoothly:
- Let your patient know why you’re making the referral
- Document the referral reason in your patient’s medical record
- Contact and discuss the referral with your patient’s Montage Health provider. Share any relevant information, including test results
- Determine how to best manage your patient’s care during this time and set expectations for how you’ll collaborate with Montage Health’s staff
- Stay in contact with our providers and coordinate any patient recommendations and treatment planning
Care management tools
If your practice uses Epic or Central Coast Health Connect, you can use these online tools to refer your patient to Montage Health and communicate with our providers, no phone call or fax required.
Register today for Montage Health Link, an online portal that allows providers who don’t use Epic or Central Coast Health Connect to:
- Refer patients to our services
- Request consults
- Place orders
- Communicate with our providers
- View detailed patient records updated regularly