About Community Hospital
You and your neighbors can rely on Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula for exceptional care, at every stage of life.
Montage Health’s hospital
Community Hospital is part of the Montage Health family — a locally owned, nonprofit network of medical and wellness services, locations, and healthcare providers in Monterey County, California. Our hospital is ready to meet your needs with more than 250 hospital beds and 28 skilled nursing beds, nearby outpatient facilities and laboratories, a dedicated mental health clinic, and more.
You can easily access everything the Montage Health system offers through your Community Hospital care team. Expect all the staff you interact with to follow the highest standards for patient-centered care. Learn more about Montage Health.
Award-winning, accredited care
An exceptional hospital, conveniently located in your community. When you or someone you love needs it most, our team is ready to provide services and treatments that meet the highest standards for quality, patient satisfaction, and safety.
Recognition from the Joint Commission
The Joint Commission is the leading independent, nonprofit accrediting body of healthcare organizations. In recognition for meeting the highest possible standards, Community Hospital holds the Joint Commission’s:
- Hospital accreditation
- Home care accreditation
- Nursing care center accreditation
Community Hospital also holds the Joint Commission’s:
Achievements and department-specific awards
Benefit from our ongoing commitment to providing superior services today while improving healthcare for tomorrow. Community Hospital holds:
- Grade “A” for patient safety from the Leapfrog Group, an independent organization focused on improving healthcare
- HealthCare’s Most Wired® designation from the American Hospital Association for using information technology (IT) to improve quality and safety of care, patient-provider communication, and more
If you need specialized care, select a hospital that’s received recognition from nationally known organizations. We’ve earned:
- Outstanding Achievement Award for cancer care from the Commission on Cancer
- Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award for stroke care from the American Heart Association
- Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the American Association for Respiratory Care
Feel peace of mind knowing your local hospital excels across all types of care, earning us:
- Baby Friendly® designation for breastfeeding success from the World Health Organization (WHO)/UNICEF
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine Accredited Sleep Disorders Center
- American College of Radiology Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
- American College of Radiology Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence® (DICOE)
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Bariatric Surgical Center of Excellence
- ACC Accreditation Services Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Specialty accreditation for stroke and brain injury care from CARF International
- Specialty CARF-accreditation for our inpatient rehabilitation unit (IRU)
Your care plan may include services from other organizations under the Montage Health umbrella, which has received additional awards and accreditations.
Engagement of hospital staff
Expect the dedicated, compassionate staff at Community Hospital to go above and beyond to meet your healthcare needs and treat you like family. According to a recent employee survey, Community Hospital employees score highly in job engagement and commitment to the work we do and have voted the hospital the best place to work in Monterey County for more than a decade. View the guiding principles you can expect staff at Community Hospital and across Montage Health to follow.
For almost 100 years, Californians like you have trusted Community Hospital for day-to-day and lifesaving care. Enjoy a history lesson about the hospital, Montage Health, and the wide range of solutions we’ve created to directly meet the changing needs of Monterey County.
Learn more about the leadership team guiding Montage Health and Community Hospital.
Explore the ways Community Hospital and Montage Health have committed to making a difference to your home and ours. Our various community programs work to meet needs identified as important to the health and well being of Monterey County residents, including:
- Community Benefit Program – Awards grants and spearheads initiatives to build healthy communities, foster health awareness, improve access to care through services such as our mobile clinic, promote environmental responsibility, and provide special care for special needs
- Defibrillator program – Provides life-saving automated external defibrillator (AED) equipment and training to organizations throughout our community
- Kids Eat Right – Offers kid-friendly nutrition education in schools and family workshops
- Prescribe Safe – Works to combat opioid abuse, promote safe use of medications, and educate local physicians, patients, law enforcement, and community members
Quality, safety, and patient outcomes
Read helpful information and data that shows Community Hospital and Montage Health are earning high marks for overall patient experience and health outcomes through special programs that focus on quality and safety of care.
Patient Family Advisory Committee
If you’re a Community Hospital patient or patient caregiver, consider serving on our Patient Family Advisory Committee, where you can offer your perspective on how we can improve our services.
Montage Health’s mission and vision
When you choose Community Hospital for care, you’ll see how our staff put our patient-centered mission, vision, and values into practice every day.