Improving access to care
Montage Health strives to improve the health of all people in Monterey County, including those with limited ability to pay. In 2021, we dedicated 23 volunteer hours and $167,952,454 (in funds and unreimbursed care expenses) to increase access to care, especially for people in need.
How we help
You or your neighbors may benefit from the ways we commit to making care accessible to everyone:
- Financial assistance – Funding from donations and the hospital to help low-income, uninsured, or underinsured patients pay their bills
- Since government health insurance programs (Medicare, Medi-Cal, and CHAMPUS) often don’t pay hospitals the actual costs for delivering care to their beneficiaries, we write off a portion of those bills.
- Mobile clinic – Free health care for people who are homeless, uninsured, or underinsured.
- Monterey County Health Department clinics – Financial support for clinics in Seaside and Marina that give high-quality care to county residents, regardless of their ability to pay
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Hospice transportation program, in which volunteers give rides to people with a life-threatening illness
- Support for ITNMontereyCounty, which serves the transportation needs of seniors and people with vision difficulty