Laboratory – Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
Access a wide range of testing services from skilled, highly qualified professionals at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula’s laboratory.
This department serves as the dedicated, onsite laboratory for Montage Health’s Community Hospital. You may receive services from the lab:
How to find the lab
On Highway 1 South, take the Pebble Beach/Pacific Grove exit on your way to Community Hospital. Follow signs to park outside or in our underground pavilion. The laboratory is located on the hospital’s main level. Enter the hospital through the main entrance.
Before your test
Talk to the doctor who ordered your test if you have questions about how to prepare or what to expect. Depending on the test, you may need to fast (avoid eating or drinking anything except water for 12 hours), follow certain medication instructions, and avoid certain supplements, such as biotin.
Create or log into your MyChart account, a secure, online portal where you can read your test instructions. Your lab test results will appear in your MyChart account as soon as they’re available.
Services at this location
From basic screenings to advanced tests, we’re here for you. Rest assured, our expert team will process your sample following guidelines that ensure accurate results as quickly as possible.
You may receive the following from Community Hospital’s laboratory:
- Blood tests (hematology services)
- Adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) levels
- Allergy tests
- Basic and complete metabolic panels
- Blood clotting, such as antithrombin, lupus anticoagulant, coagulation factor V and factor V (Leiden), and protein C and protein S testing
- Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) levels
- Collagen Type I C-Telopeptide (CTX)
- Complete blood count (CBC)
- Cholesterol testing, including lipid profiles
- Hemoglobin A1C and other diabetes-related tests
- Iron and ferritin levels
- Liver function
- Pregnancy testing
- Thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) and other thyroid tests
- Vitamin levels, including vitamin D and vitamin B12
- Semen analysis, also called a sperm count or male fertility test
- Stool analysis and fecal occult blood test (FOBT)
- Urinalysis, urine cultures, and other urine tests
Discover what it’s like to get accredited laboratory testing from Montage Health and Community Hospital. You’ll learn about the expertise and qualifications of our staff, when and how to expect your results, and more.