Laboratory – Monterey
Feel confident you’ll receive high-quality, accredited testing services from the professionals at our outpatient laboratory in Monterey.
Locating the lab
Get your lab test in the conveniently located Hartnell Professional Center, sometimes during your same visit to another Montage Health provider. Find us down the street from the Monterey Public Library and Monterey’s United States Postal Service office.
Before your test
Create or log into your MyChart account, a secure, online portal where you can read instructions on how to prepare for your test. Depending on your type of test, you may need to:
- Fast (avoid eating or drinking anything except water for 12 hours)
- Follow certain medication instructions
- Avoid certain over-the-counter supplements
Talk to the doctor who ordered your test if you have questions.
Tests we offer
You may visit the lab for:
- Blood tests
- Allergy testing
- Basic and comprehensive metabolic panels
- Cholesterol levels (lipid profile)
- Complete blood count (CBC)
- Creatinine levels
- Hormone levels, including thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) and cortisol
- Hemoglobin A1C, blood glucose (sugar), and other diabetes testing
- Iron and ferritin levels
- Pregnancy test
- Potassium levels
- Prostate specific antigen (PSA)
- Vitamin levels
- Food sensitivity and intolerance tests
- Stool analysis and fecal occult blood test (FOBT)
- Uric acid test, which may use a blood or urine sample
- Urinalysis and urine cultures
Get other tests at our hospital lab
Some tests that need to be collected in a specific way or timeframe are only available at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula’s laboratory. Before you visit a Montage Health lab, call us to make sure the test you need is available at the location you want to visit. See a list of common tests only available at Laboratory – Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula.
Read helpful information for patients about laboratory services from Montage Health and Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula. You’ll learn about the qualifications and skills of our team, when and how to expect your test results, and more.