Women and Family Health Institute
A new women and family health institute would consolidate and enhance our existing programs. The institute would more seamlessly integrate the comprehensive services offered in multiple locations.
We will continue our efforts to improve the care of expectant mothers and newborns by:
- Partnering with Stanford Children’s Health to continue providing a full-time perinatologist in our community
- Partnering with UCSF/Benioff Children’s Hospital to support full-time neonatology staffing of our nursery
- Developing a full-time, in-house obstetric hospitalist program to support safe and immediate labor and delivery care 24/7
- Renovation and upgrading of the Family Birth Center, including new fetal monitoring equipment and updated furniture and fixtures. Additionally, the institute would provide prenatal consultation and breastfeeding support.
- Philanthropic support of the Carol Hatton Breast Care Center enables the center to offer 3D mammography and sponsored care for those who need but can’t afford diagnostic services.
Philanthropic support of women’s health is essential to providing ongoing educational opportunities. These include Women’s Forum for Health, our bone density lecture series, and anxiety and mood management classes. For children and young adults, philanthropy supports Kids Eat Right, Griefbusters, behavioral health classes, training for teens to address physical and emotional needs, and other programs.