Trust Montage Health and our family of organizations to make sure all members of the Monterey community can get high-quality healthcare, regardless of their ability to pay. You may be eligible for:
- Flexible payment options so you don’t have to pay all at once
- Federal, state, or Montage Health programs that pay some or all of your bill depending on your income
Community Hospital programs
Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula commits to caring for all who come through our doors to the fullest extent allowed by law and available resources. You may qualify for Community Hospital’s Sponsored Care or Discount Payment programs if you:
- Don’t have enough health insurance to cover the services you received or have no health insurance
- Meet certain low or moderate-income requirements
To apply to either program, you must:
- Submit tax returns or pay stubs to verify your own and your immediate family members’ incomes
- Provide information and documentation about the value of your monetary assets and any health benefits coverage you have
These programs may cover all or part of the cost of emergency or medically necessary services provided by Community Hospital and our hospital-based doctors. To learn more about what’s covered, download and read our Financial Assistance Policy [PDF]. Explore other policies related to your rights and financial responsibilities.
Sponsored Care Program
If your gross (total) family income is no higher than 300 percent of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL), you may receive a discount of up to 100 percent on the services you received. Use the Federal Poverty Level calculator on the State of California’s website to see if you may qualify.
Discount Payment Program
The Discount Payment Program can help you lower the amount you owe for your care. To qualify, your gross (total) family income must not be higher than 500 percent of the FPL.
Your discounted charges would equal what Medicare or another government health insurance provider would pay us. You won’t pay more than what we bill patients who have insurance coverage.
Apply for Community Hospital financial assistance
To request assistance, download and fill out one of the following:
Mail your application to PO Box HH, Monterey, CA, 93942.
You can also call (831) 625-4922 to request we mail you a free copy of the application, or pick up a copy in person at:
- Community Hospital, located at 23625 Holman Highway in Monterey
- Community Hospital billing office, 40 Ryan Ct. Suite 100 in Monterey, CA, 93940
MoGo Urgent Care assistance
Do you need help to pay part or all of the cost of your MoGo Urgent Care visit? Look into MoGo financial assistance, which offers programs similar to Community Hospital’s.
If you do not have health insurance, you may be eligible for coverage through a federal or state program, such as:
- Medicare. To enroll in Medicare, contact the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213
- California Children Services Program. Call the local California Children Services office in Salinas at (831) 755-4747
- California Health Benefit Exchange
If you have questions about which option may be right for you, call (831) 625-4922 to talk to an enrollment counselor at Montage Health.