Spiritual Care Services
Lean on a chaplain of Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula when you or a loved one is in need of spiritual counseling, well-being support, or family support. Spiritual Care Services average over 8,000 patient visits per year.
Compassionate, personal, and respectful care
Anyone can request services if they or someone they love is getting care at Community Hospital.
Spiritual Care Services can:
- Provide supportive presence, knowledgeable guidance and conversation to deal with the challenges of an illness, treatment decisions, the healing process, and grief
- Conduct prayer, blessings, sacraments, and mediations when appropriate
- Help to draw on spiritual, religious, cultural, or philosophical beliefs and access local resources to assist in healing and medical treatment. People of any background or beliefs can receive chaplain services
- Are available for times of celebrations, as well as loneliness and grief
- Facilitate conversation and rituals with a patient, loved ones, and staff around cultural, identity, or values related to medical treatments
Count on your chaplain to listen, respect your values and dignity, and offer support to you and your loved ones. We are here to help.
When are Spiritual Care Services available?
A chaplain is on call for emergencies 24/7. For non-emergency situations, contact the Spiritual Care Services office at (831) 622-2892, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding holidays, to request time with a chaplain.