Strengthening community health
Through the support of community members and partners like you, Montage Health Foundation awards grants to a wide range of Montage Health initiatives. Your gifts make measurable differences in the health of our community. These programs strategically address critical areas of need to improve overall health and wellness in Monterey County.
Attracting and keeping the best doctors
To address the shortage of doctors and specialists in Monterey County, the foundation has:
- Launched grant programs to support the research, professional growth, and health-related volunteerism of local doctors
- Organized activities for doctors and their families, promoting work-life balance and strengthening colleague connections
- Invested in our community’s future generation of medical professionals by awarding hundreds of thousands of dollars in scholarships to local students pursuing healthcare higher education
Expect us to steward resources effectively to address critical local concerns. Grants from Montage Health Foundation fund programs that:
- Coach kids and families to make healthy choices through interactive education on nutrition and active living (Pediatric Wellness Program)
- Increase access to healthcare by operating a mobile clinic for people experiencing homelessness throughout the region
- Reduce opioid use and abuse (Prescribe Safe)
- Work to lower rates of prediabetes and Type 2 diabetes, conditions that affect nearly half of Monterey County residents, well above the national average
Montage Health Foundation is proud of our work to support the Carol Hatton Breast Care Center, recognized as a Breast Care Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology. With your help, we envision building an additional facility: a center that addresses gaps in Monterey County, offering comprehensive women’s healthcare. The center will bring together a broad range of services for adolescents and adult women in one convenient, coordinated location.
General fund for areas of high-need
Giving a general donation allows us to responsibly apply your gift where it’s most needed — to purchase new technology, bring the healing power of music to hospital patients, and fund countless other initiatives.