Therapy dog program
Spread good cheer to patients when you and your canine companion join Montage Health Foundation's Therapy Dog Program.
Is my dog eligible?
When we’re actively recruiting, consider joining our volunteer team if your dog is:
- Certified as a therapy dog by Therapy Dog International, and by AKC as a Canine Good Citizen
- Gentle, friendly, and comfortable in a healthcare setting
- Up-to-date on all required vaccinations and registered with Monterey County
You and your dog must commit to at least one visit per month at Community Hospital or Westland House. At each visit, your dog must be clean and well-groomed.
Purpose of the program
Be part of a rewarding volunteer program with proven benefits to our community, all while spending time with your best furry friend. Our therapy dogs:
- Bring comfort and joy to patients receiving hospital or hospice care, while also promoting a healing environment
- Lower patient anxiety and blood pressure levels
- Reduce healthcare staff stress
- Attend special holiday events throughout the year